Subject: ICNNSC 2002, Sixth International Conference on Neural Networks and Soft Computing, call for papers
From: Wlodzislaw Duch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Leszek Rutkowski <[email-masked]>, Danuta Rutkowska <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:41:10 +0200

ICNNSC 2002,   http://www.icnnsc.pcz.czest.pl
Sixth International Conference on Neural Networks and Soft Computing
June 11-15, 2002, Zakopane, Poland

organised by Polish Neural Networks Society in cooperation with IEEE
Neural Networks Council.

Honorary chairs
Lotfi Zadeh - USA
Jacek Zurada - USA

General co-chairs
Wlodzislaw Duch - Poland
Janusz Kacprzyk - Poland
Leszek Rutkowski - Poland
Ryszard Tadeusiewicz - Poland
Zdzislaw Pawlak - Poland

The Sixth International Conference on Neural Networks and Soft
Computing ICNNSC 2002 will be held in Zakopane (situated in the
HighTatra mountains), Poland on 11-15 June, 2002. The conference will
provide an excellent opportunity for scientist and engineers to
present and discuss the latest scientific results and methods. The
conference will include keynote addresses, contributed papers, and
numerous lectures and tutorials on a wide range of topics.

Important Dates:
1. Submission of papers in accordance with Springer guidelines (6
pages max.): February 15, 2002
2. Notification of acceptance: March 30, 2002
3. Submission of camera-ready papers May5, 2002
4. Conference date: 11-15 June, 2002

Scope
The conference covers all topics in neural networks, fuzzy systems,
evolutionary computation, hybrid methods, including but not limited
to:

Supervised and unsupervised learning
Neural network theory
Neural network architectures
Hardware implementations
Fuzzy logic
Fuzzy optimisation
Fuzzy control
Fuzzy computing with words
Theory of evolutionary algorithms
Evolutionary design
Evolutionary scheduling and optimisation
Rough sets theory: foundations and applications
Multi-agent systems
Data mining
Applications: prediction, identification, pattern recognition, image
and signal processing,
speech and computer vision, financial engineering and forecasting,
medicine, industry ...

The working language of the conference is English. Only original,
unpublished papers in the aforementioned fields are invited. Authors
should submit 3 hard copies of full papers (up to six pages) to the
conference office and an electronic version to:
[email-masked] before February 15, 2002.

Paper Submission and Publication

The papers should be organized in accordance with a common scientific
structure (abstract, state of the art in the field, intention, used
methodology, obtained results and references). Papers will be refereed
by an international committee, and accepted on the basis of their
scientific merit and relevance to the conference topics. After the
notification of acceptance (March 30, 2002), authors will be allowed
to make a correction in accordance with the suggestions of the
reviewers and submit final camera-ready papers before May 5, 2002.
Abstracts of accepted papers will be available during the conference
in the form of a brochure. The conference proceedings will be
published in the Springer-Verlag series "Advances in Soft Computing"
and distributed among the participants after the conference. Accepted
papers must be presented by author(s) personally to be published in
the conference proceedings.

Venue
The conference is organized in Poland's premier mountain resort
Zakopane, the beautiful and picturesque capital of the Polish High
Tatra Mountains. Even though Zakopane is called Poland's winter
capital, it is an excellent place to visit in spring. Situated at the
foot of the Tatra Mountains and the Tatra National Park (with Poland's
highest peak, Rysy mountain (2499m)), it offers you a possibility to
hike on over 240km of marked hiking trails for beginners as well as
experienced climbers and explore caves accessible only in summer. The
town is filled with historic monuments, museums, art galleries and
exhibitions. On your way to Zakopane you may visit Cracow, one of the
most historic Polish cities, with a wonderfully preserved old city
center and the largest medieval square in Europe.

For details please visit the ICNNSC2002 Web page
http://www.icnnsc.pcz.czest.pl