Subject: Connectionists: AMAM2005: call for participation and last-minute-results abstracts
From: Auke Ijspeert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:52:34 +0200
List-Id: Discussion and announcement of events related to neural computation <connectionists.cs.cmu.edu>

AMAM2005, Sept 25-30 2005, Ilmenau, http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/amam

Dear Connectionist colleagues,

Researchers working on any aspect related to the adaptive control of 
movement and locomotion in animals and robots might be interested in 
participating to AMAM2005, the Third International Symposium on Adaptive 
Motion in Animals and Machines. The symposium will take place at the 
Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany, from September 25th to 
September 30th, 2005. The two previous symposia in Montreal and Kyoto, 
which brought together researchers in neurobiology, biomechanics, neural 
computation, and robotics, were very exciting and fruitful events.

The program is now fixed, see http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/amam , but there 
is the opportunity to submit an abstract to a special 
*"last-minute-results" poster session*, see the CFP below, and* to bring 
robots to participate to public robot demonstrations*, see 
http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/amam (Robot Data Sheet link).

To hold keynotes ("Basics & Advances in ...") we have confirmations from 
the following colleagues:

Biology & Mechanics:
    *Roy Ritzmann*,  Movement Through Complex Terrain: From Animals to 
Robots and Back I
    *Martin S. Fischer*,  Movement Through Complex Terrain: From Animals 
to Robots and Back II
Biology & Control:
    *Sten Grillner*, The Neural control of vertebrate locomotion - from 
ion channels to behavior
    *Auke Jan Ijspeert*, Pattern generators in the central nervous 
system: numerical models and applications to robotics
Bionics/Biomimetics:
    *Werner Nachtigall*,  Technical Biology - Basis for Bionical 
Realization (supported by BioKoN)
    *Rudolf Bannasch*, The German Bionics Competence Network "BioKoN" 
(supported by BioKoN)
    *Rolf Pfeifer*,  Morphological computation: connecting body, brain 
and environment (supported by BioKoN)
Robotics & Control:
    *Ruediger Dillmann*, Title to be announced
    *Vladimir V. Beletsky*, Regular and Chaotic Dynamics of Two-Legged 
Walking
Robotics & Mechanics:
    *Martin Buehler*, Legged Robots Step Outside
    *Fumiya Iida*, Cheap Design Approach to Adaptive Behavior: Walking 
and Sensing through Body Dynamics

With best regards,

Hartmut Witte, Hiroshi Kimura, and Auke Ijspeert on behalf of the AMAM 
organizing committee.

_
Call for last-minute-results posters:_

Researchers are invited to submit a one-page abstract describing their 
most recent results/developments. The call for abstracts is open to all 
(i.e. to people both with and without an accepted paper at the 
conference). There is a limit of one abstract/poster per participant as 
a first author. After a quick review by the conference chairs, authors 
of accepted abstracts will be invited to present their results as a 
poster in a special Last-Minute-Results session (short oral spotlight 
presentation + poster presentation). Note that the abstracts will not be 
included in the conference proceedings, but will be included in a 
special booklet. The* deadline for submission is September 10^th *, but 
can be submitted at any time from now on. We will try to review 
submissions and return a notification within one week. Please email your 
abstracts to [email-masked]