Subject: Re[4]: invitation to AUS teaching
From: Volodymyr Turchenko <[email-masked]>
To: Akira IMADA <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:53:49 +0300

Dear Akira,

sorry for delayed response, we have been overloaded last June here
with all teaching and scientific activities and now I would like to
concretize your future teaching in our University for
American-Ukrainian program in computer science for 2007/2008
educational year:

1. After consulting with Anatoly, we would like to propose you two
following courses:

Introduction to Computer Science - 1 (programming bases and algorithmic
languages)
1st year students, 2nd semester
5.5 credits
48 hours - lectures
32 hours - laboratory works
118 hours students' self-work

Introduction to Computer Science - 2 (object-oriented programming)
2nd year students, 1st semester
6 credits
48 hours - lectures
32 hours - laboratory works
136 hours students' self-work

So, you are requesting to teach the students here all year, two
semesters, one discipline per semester. Do you agree with this?
If yes, do you need a help with syllabus for these disciplines?

2. I have consulted with Anatoly about your travel schedule. From my
point of view travelling each week Brest-Ternopil-Brest for only one
day here is too hard to spend two days per week in the bus taking into
account road conditions. Therefore we  propose if you can be here one
week per month (it will be 4 working days). So each day you will have
3 lessons (lectures or laboratory works), and it should be one
previously arranged week of month, for example 1st or 2nd or whatever
week you prefer. So for semester it will be only 4-5 travels to
Ternopil. This schedule, of course, should be arranged with your
teaching activity in Brest. If you are agree with this, then we should connect
each other approximately in the middle of August then the teaching
schedule will start to prepare and arrange the number of week you
prefer. Going by this way we will know all your teaching schedule in
Ternopil for the whole year.

So this is all news at the moment, I look forward to hear from you
soon.

Sincerely yours,
Vlad

Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 6:10:37 PM, you wrote:

AI> Dear Volodymyr,

AI> You too. Thanks for your prompt response.

AI> Then, I'm waiting for the result of concretization.

AI> Ciao, Akira,

-------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Volodymyr O. Turchenko, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Information Computing Systems and Control
Deputy Dean on International Relations
Faculty of Computer Information Technologies
Ternopil National Economic University
3 Peremoga Square, Ternopil, 46004, UKRAINE
Phone: +380-352-436038, Fax: +380-352-436354 (24h)
E-mail: [email-masked]
Web:    http://www.tanet.edu.te.ua/iics/vtu/index.htm
-------------------------------------------------------